Saturday, July 5, 2008

And that's how it begins

This is very exciting moment because I'm writing first time on my lifeblog in english ;D I will try my best, but I have to say that it's quite hard ;) I hope this will improve my english skills.

First of all I want to introduce my belgians, Nepo and Niji, to you! :)

Nepo is almost five-years-old male groenendael who don't care about other people. His life is around me, but sometimes he thinks that my life is around him and that's our problem. Nepo have been very hard for the first dog (I have been with dogs my hole life, but Nepo is the first one) so I have learned (and I will learn) much from him.

Nepo's official name is Marmara Open Heart (He is from kennel Marmara) and he celebrates his birthday on 15.10. (He is born in 2003). Nepo loves any kind of sticks and balls. Nepo's and my favorite thing is agility. Nepo likes jumping and he turns very easily from my handling. We don't compete in agility or anywhere else (I mean in obedience and working dog trials) because of Nepos charaster. Sometimes I go and do a track for him so he can use his nose for something else than locating food in the kitchen ;)

Jep, Nepo loves food. Before last autumn he ate anything what I throw to him. He even ate some very little stones from my friend! He thought that those stones were sausages... Things have changed after Nepo had very bad inflammation in his stomach because of stress. Nepo is always hungry, but he don't eat anymore what ever I offer to him. I don't know why, but his appetite isn't anymore that huge what it was about six months ago.



Nepo got "a little sister" about one year ago when I took Niji. Nepo and Niji are like a day and a night when it comes with their charasters. Niji loves everyone and everything! I were used to Nepos attitude for humans and then comes Niji who licks everyone's faces and climbs to everyone's lap. I think it's better this way when we speak about belgians ;) Soreness is a big problem in this breed I think. Niji is worlds kindest dog. She loves kids and would lovely play with them to the end of the world.

Niji is talented in tracking so thats our main hobby, but our hobbies are also agility, obedience and searching. Niji compete in open class in obedience. We have competed three times in beginner class. Every time we have got a first price and that means that Niji have a title TK1. Our next target is TK2 wich means that we have to get three first prices from open class. We haven't competed yet in open class, but our first trial is on 9.8. Before that we have two unofficial obedience trials.

Niji have also done the behavior test (I'm not sure what BH is in english ;D ) so she have right to compete in working dog trials. We will some day compete in tracking and searching but it's somewhere in the future.

Niji's official name is Willow Creek Missy (she's from kennel Willow Creek) and she is born on 29.1.2007.

Both dogs love swimming so we go often to the lake. Nepo loves bring the sticks from the water and Niji just likes to hang out with Nepo and the swimmers. She is also worried if somebody goes under water.

There was something about the dogs. About me, I'm almos 20-years-old girl from Finland and I graduated from both upper secentary school and vocational school. I studied dogs in my school. I don't know what's my vocation in english :D I hope that I can do a dog therapist's job in the future. Before that I try my best to improve my knowledge about dogs behavior and training. Now I work in a pet shop trying to get money to the driving licence ;) I hope that I can soon go to driving school.. It's hard live without own driving licence and a car especially when you live in nowhere ;D

Well, I think that's enought of us :) There's some photos from yesterday when we were on the beach:






1 comment:

Mary said...

Very nice dogs. Well done on your English. Your spelling and grammar are better than mine!!!

Mary